Tallgrass East New Homeowners’ Tips and Information
Helpful Information for New Residents
- The previous owner should have left a neighborhood directory and pool key. If not, please contact the HOA board.
- Sign up for newsletters/info emails. Check this site frequently for updates.
- We no longer mass deliver hard copies of newsletters door-to-door. If you do not have access to email/internet please let us know so we can ensure you receive your copy.
- HOA meetings regularly occur the second Tuesday each month at 7 p.m. Neighbors are always welcome.
- Before making any changes to your home (roofing, paint color, windows, siding, fences, sheds, additions, etc.) contact the HOA Board architectural committee for approval or contact a board member by phone. Many changes require board approval before beginning work.
- In 2003, the board negotiated reduced trash service with Waste Connections, Inc. (WCI) for trash service at very attractive rates if 85 percent of residents utilized this service. Curbside, carryout, and recycling services are available. WCI provides one 90-gallon residential cart to each residence for weekly pickup on Tuesdays. WCI will bill each resident. WCI's phone number is (316) 838-4920.
- If you’d like to reserve the athletic fields for a team practice, please refer to the following documents and call Scott and Breann Ochs at (316) 461-4562.
- HOA Dues are $610 per year. You may pay annually or split into two payments of $305, each due in January and July. The HOA accountant will bill the homeowner.
- Please read through your covenants.
- Common complaints include: trash carts visible, parking in the street, and pet waste/noise.
- If you have an issue, do the neighborly thing and please address it first with your neighbor. If that doesn’t work and it is covenant related, then contact the HOA board.
What TGE Offers Its Residents
- Swimming pool
- Soccer/softball fields, sand volleyball and tennis courts
- 4th of July bike parade for kids
- Easter egg hunt for kids
- Annual Fall Festival in August or September
- Beautiful commons and walking paths
If you have suggestions for our neighborhood, or you would like to get involved in the neighborhood, please let a board member know by sending us an email. We want TGE to continue to be the best residential neighborhood in Wichita!